Sunday, June 27, 2010

20. June 2010 List

The following is a list of all the books I read in June 2010. There are a lot as I was finishing up my thesis. Many of the books I re-read in preparation for my thesis defense. I did book reviews for some of them (which will be noted in the list) and the rest I did not. If there is a book on this list that I did not review but that interests you, I will do a review upon request.

To send in requests for reviews email me the title of the text you want reviewed to: j.dartagnan.love@gmail.com

Make sure your subject line says "Book Review Request" so that I don't send it to my junk mail folder.

I can not guarantee when the review will be posted but I will write one up eventually. :) Here's the list for June:

1. Feinberg, Leslie. Stone Butch Blues. Los Angeles: Alyson Books, 1993. Print.

2. Kirsch, Max H. Queer Theory and Social Change. London: Routledge, 2000. Print.

3. Larson, Jonathan. RENT. New York: William Morrow & Company Inc., 1997. Print.

4. McKruer, Robert. The Queer Renaissance: Contemporary American Literature and the Reinvention of Lesbian and Gay Identities. New York: New York UP, 1997. Print.

5. Merry, Sally Engle. Human Rights and Gender Violence: Translating International Law into Local Justice. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2006. Print.

6. Ohba, Tsugumi and Takeshi Obata Death Note. San Francisco: Shonen Jump, 2003. Print. 12 Volumes. Reviewed 6-8-10

7.Prosser, Jay. Second Skins: The Body Narratives of Transexuality. New York: Columbia UP, 1998. Print.

8. Sedgwick, Eve Kosofsky. Epistemology of the Closet. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1990. Print. Reviewed in 2009.

9. Saxey, Esther. Homoplot: The Coming-Out Story and Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Identity. New York: Peter Lang, 2008. Print.

10. Sinfield, Alan. Cultural Politics-Queer Reading. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1994. Print.

11. Slaughter, Joseph. Human Rights Inc.: The World Novel, Narrative Form, and International Law. New York: Fordham UP, 2007. Print.

12. Wronka, Joseph. Human Rights and Social Policy in the 21st Century. New York: University Press of America, 1998. Print.

No comments: